The Governor´s Council on Disability does not officially endorse any of the agencies listed on this web site. We want to provide you with as much disability-related information as possible. Further, the Governor´s Council on Disability, in no way, is intentionally excluding an agency that should be on this list. If you would like to be included, please complete this request form.
The Governor´s Council on Disability takes accessibility very seriously, and thus, have made every reasonable effort to make the web site accessible to all users. The site has been designed to comply with the Missouri IT Accessibility Standard, which is based on the federal Section 508 standard for web sites.
Internet Use Policy
It is important that you understand our privacy position. As a state government, the State of Missouri is a public governmental body subject to Chapter 610 of the Revised Statutes of Missouri, commonly known as the Sunshine Law. If an appropriate request is made to this office for information that is subject to disclosure by the Sunshine Law, the State of Missouri will be required to disclose the information requested, even if it may include your personally identifiable information.
There are various locations on the Governor´s Council on Disability web site where you may submit information. In order to complete your online transactions, we usually must collect information from you, including your e-mail address or pieces of personal information. Our online forms should indicate the information that is required and the information that is optional - you do not have to complete any "optional" fields on a form. For us to be able to complete your online transactions, however, you must supply the required information. If this is not acceptable to you, we will gladly accept the transaction in person or on paper, rather than online. Providing personal information on-line will always be your choice. The personal information that you supply will not be sold to others.
To ensure our system remains available to all visitors, our operating system tracks unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or that can otherwise cause damage.
While you browse the web site our operating system will automatically record the following information:
- The name of the domain from which you accessed our web site. For example, if you are connecting from an America Online account, the fact that someone who visited this web site uses AOL as an Internet service provider will be known, but the individual e-mail address of the user will not be known.
- The date and time any page on our site was accessed.
- The address (also called the URL) of the web site from which any page on this site was linked. For example, if you clicked on a hyperlink on the Office of Administration web site to reach the State of Missouri web site, that fact is recorded. However, as discussed above, your identity remains unknown.
- The type of browser being used, such as "Netscape Version X.X" or "Internet Explorer Version X.X". The type of operating system you use such as Macintosh, Unix, or Windows.
- This tracking system does NOT record information about individuals. This information is used to monitor traffic and improve this site.
For security purposes, the Governor´s Council on Disability uses network monitoring software to identify unauthorized access to or tampering with our web site. The software will not collect any personal information. If unauthorized access to or tampering with the Governor´s Council on Disability web site is detected, the information gathered by us will be furnished to the proper authorities.
If you send us e-mail, the message will usually contain your return address. If you include personal information in your e-mail, we may use that information in responding to your request. E-mail is not necessarily secure or confidential. Send only the information that is necessary for us to answer your question or process your request.
Requests for Information
There are various locations on the Governor´s Council on Disability web site where you may request that information, such as applications, be mailed to you. Should you make a request for information, the personally identifiable information you disclose as part of making that request is disclosed to staff so that your request may be fulfilled.
Links to Other Sites
Our site provides links to other web sites. The privacy policies described here do NOT apply to any external sites. Read the privacy policies of other sites you visit. Be informed. You are the person best qualified to protect your own privacy.
Notice of Change to Policy
For More Information