Annual Website / IT Award
The Governor’s Council on Disability’s annual Website/IT Award program recognizes and honors a Missouri non-profit organization, business or local government that provides the most outstanding and accessible website.
The winning award is presented annually at the Power Up assistive technology conference.
Eligibility Requirements for the Award
- Non-Profit Organization (does not have to be a disability-organization), business, or local government (state or federal organizations are not eligible)
- Agency must be a Missouri organization; no national organizations are eligible
- Website must be made for public view by October 1, 2017
Criteria for the award
- Website attractiveness
- Clear and easy to find organization/agency information
- Accessible features: Closed Caption options on videos, screen reading capacity, options to change background
- We will run accessibility tests on the websites
The nomination form for the 2018 Website/IT Award will be available this fall.
The Governor's Council on Disability has determined the winner for 2017.
2nd Annual Website/IT Award: Deaf Inc.
Deaf Inc.’s website has a great overall design. It provides high-quality, relevant information that reaches to a wide array of deaf community members and professionals. The featured videos are in American Sign Language with accurate captions that make it widely accessible and the text content is easily accessible through refreshable readers for people who are blind or visually impaired. The website’s contrasting colors support easy navigation and readability.