Governor´s Council on Disability (GCD)
The Governor´s Council on Disability (GCD) promotes full participation and inclusion of the nearly 1 million Missourians with disabilities in all aspects of community life by educating citizens, businesses, schools, universities and others of their rights and responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
We conduct educational seminars and on-site training as well as publish a legislative newsletter, a resource directory and informational brochures on topics relating to people with disabilities.
We provide information about compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and assistive technology to maximize the productivity of people with disabilities. The Council offers assistance to other state agencies for compliance with all laws regarding persons with disabilities. It maintains communication with disability advocates and service providers to disseminate information and receive feedback on problems affecting people with disabilities in order to recommend policy improvements. The Council aims to promote positive images and protect persons with disabilities through equal access to services and employment opportunities.
The Council publishes the Directory of Resources for Missourians with Disabilities. The directory lists programs and services of state and local offices, private agencies and other organizations serving people with disabilities.
- GCD publishes Education Position Paper
- GCD Newsletter, Issue 3
- Visit ADA Hospitality for a guide on how to plan accessible meetings
- Governor's Council on Disability now accepting nominations for the 2015 Inclusion Award
- Governor's Council on Disability now accepting applications for the Missouri Youth Leadership Forum
- Governor's Council on Disability now accepting nominations for the annual Youth Leadership Award