Governor´s Council on Disability (GCD)
The Governor´s Council on Disability (GCD) promotes full participation and inclusion of the nearly 1 million Missourians with disabilities in all aspects of community life by educating citizens, businesses, schools, universities and others of their rights and responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
We conduct educational seminars and on-site training as well as publish a legislative newsletter, a resource directory and informational brochures on topics relating to people with disabilities.
We provide information about compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and assistive technology to maximize the productivity of people with disabilities. The Council offers assistance to other state agencies for compliance with all laws regarding persons with disabilities. It maintains communication with disability advocates and service providers to disseminate information and receive feedback on problems affecting people with disabilities in order to recommend policy improvements. The Council aims to promote positive images and protect persons with disabilities through equal access to services and employment opportunities.
The Council publishes the Directory of Resources for Missourians with Disabilities. The directory lists programs and services of state and local offices, private agencies and other organizations serving people with disabilities.
- Governor's Council on Disability names 2014 Award winners
- Regional Success Story: Renovating the St. Louis Arch Complex to Welcome Everyone
- Celebrate the 25th ADA Anniversary: ADA Tool Kit
- Missouri UD Criteria
- 2014 National Disability Employment Awareness Month Theme Announced
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) - Final Rule to Improve Job Opportunities for Individuals with Disabilities