Health and Wellness
Health Care/Benefit needs are crucial to provide stability in one´s health. Individuals with disabilities who have access to adequate health care coverage will be able to participate in employment and living in their communities. This tab presents health care related information and resources.
- Aging Well with a Physical Disability - Factsheet Series
- Air Care Alliance
Volunteer pilots for health care, patient transport, etc. Free & low-cost flights for surgery for donors and transplant recipients. Phone: 888-260-9707
- Albert Pujols Wellness Center for Adults with Down Syndrome
The Albert Pujols Wellness Center for Adults with Down Syndrome is the first of its kind in the area and will help fill a growing need for wellness services for adults with Down syndrome.
- American Lung Association
- American Parkinson's Disease Association Information and Referral Center
Responds to the particular needs of persons affected by Parkinson's disease and their caregivers through education, referral, support and public awareness programs.
Asbestos.Net concentrates solely on the knowledge of, and the issues stemming from, mesothelioma and asbestos cancer.
- Asbestos News
Asbestos News is a leading resource on asbestos, risk factors for asbestos-related diseases, as well as mesothelioma treatment and coping information
- Audient—Alliance for Accessible Hearing Care
Assist low-income individuals access quality hearing care at a low cost. Phone: 877-283-4368
- Barrier Free Healthcare Initiative (The)
TBFHI's goal is to eliminate the physical and programmatic barriers that people with disabilities face in obtaining healthcare.
Find babysitters, nannies, pet sitters, tutors, housekeepers and more.
- Children's Health
- Chronic Pain Relief with Swimming Exercises
- Cooking and Shopping Made Easier and Healthier for Blind Americans
- Donated Dental Services
Provide donated dental services through network of providers nationwide. Charitable Arm of the American Dental Association, Teena Paris, Missouri DDS; 1-866-792-9988
- Focus on Independence
Provide free Lasik corrective eye surgery to people who are quadriplegic. Phone: 1-877-EYESIGHT
- Green Jobs in the Garden State
- HEAR Now
Reconditioned hearing aids
1-800-648-HEAR(4327) or 800-328-8602
- Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs
- Increasing Physical Activity among Adults with Disabilities
- Lifeline Telephone Services (SBC)
General information; 1-800-585-7928
- Lung Cancer Answers
An informational website about the causes, symptoms, and treatment of lung cancer, including details on the different types of lung cancer and how doctors determine which stage the cancer is in. Screening techniques for lung cancer and the epidemiology of the disease are explained
This is the US Government´s updated Medicare website.
- Mental Health Services in Missouri
Directory of mental health treatment facilities and support services in the state.
- Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation
- Mesothelioma Symptoms
The mesothelioma symptoms site covers an extensive range of topics from the different types of mesothelioma, to the various methods of treatment.
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services Adult Brain Injury Program
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services Special Health Care Needs Program
- Missouri Department of Mental Health
- Missouri Department of Mental Health, Division of Developmental Disabilities
Serves people in Missouri that have developmental disabilities such as mental retardation, cerebral palsy, head injuries, autism, epilepsy and certain learning disabilities.
- National Center for the Dissemination of Disability Research
- Policy on Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality information for people with multiple chemical sensitivities.
- Recovery Centers for Seniors
- Stay Active with a Disability: Quick Tips
- Transportation Services Catalog
- Treat Mesothelioma - A Mesothelioma Treatment Community