Housing is the cornerstone of the American independence. This tab presents resources on affordable and accessible housing options. It offers information on universal design features that can be incorporated in the design of homes to enhance "aging in the home."
- A Place for Mom
A Place for Mom, Inc. is a FREE nationwide information service about eldercare options including nursing homes, assisted living facilities, adult family homes, independent living and home care agencies. Our role is to provide information and options that meet a loved one´s stated needs and preferences. A Place for Mom, Inc. has assisted over 450,000 families in finding care and housing for their loved ones since it began in 2000. Contact 877-666-3239 [(877)-MOM-DAD9] Toll Free.
- Assisted Living Directory
- Buying a Home | Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Caring.com - Senior Care Reviews & Resources
- Center for Universal Design
- Concrete Change
The site dedicated to making all homes "visitable."
- Design for Life
The website for Montgomery County, Maryland´s Design for Life Montgomery program, the first voluntary certification program in Maryland for Visit-Ability and Live-Ability in single family attached and detached homes located in Montgomery County.
- Department of Mental Health Housing
- Disability Accommodation Cost Guide
- EasyLiving Home
The site that offers information on a certification program to bring builders and home buyers together for homes that are easy to build, easy to live in and easy to sell.
- Fire Safety & Disabilities Guide
- Guide to Moving for the Disabled
- Habitat for Humanity
- Home Access Program
- Home Modifications to Promote Independent Living
- Home Remodeling for Disability and Special Needs: What You Need to Know
- Home Safety for People with Disabilities
- Homes For Our Troops
- Housing Grants for Disabled Veterans
- Missouri's Guide to Home and Community Based Services
- Missouri's Guide to Housing Assistance Program
- Missouri Housing Trust Fund
- Missouri Inclusive Housing Development Corporation
This web site is designed to provide information about accessible and affordable housing in Missouri for those with disabilities.
- Missouri Universal Design (UD)
- Mortgage and Home Loan Help Guide for the Disabled
- National Association of Home Builders
- New Lifestyles Online
- Purple Heart Homes
- Rebuilding Together
- Rural Assistance Center
Home to the most comprehensive set of senior living facilities and assisted living resources online.
- Social Serve
Social Serve is a housing search tool for the Kansas City and St. Louis metropolitan areas. It includes the ability to search for accessibility features.
- Universal Design Resource
Universal Design Resource's mission: to advocate, educate and support the widespread awareness of universal design.
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO)
The Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO) administers and enforces federal laws and establishes policies that make sure all Americans have equal access to the housing of their choice.
- USC National Resource Center on Supportive Housing and Home Modification
- USDA Housing Assistance
- USDA Rural Development