Find a Job
Employment is the cornerstone of economic independence. The following links present employment resources to enhance employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and employer's resources of "best practices" in hiring people with disabilities.
Cultivating Solutions for Farmers with Disabilities in Missouri
- Benefits and Work Calculator
What will happen to your income, benefits, and health coverage if you go to work? You can use the Benefits and Work Calculator to find out how a job may affect your total income and your health coverage. Young people with disabilities can use the School and Work Calculator to find out how a job can affect their cash benefits and health coverage - and how staying in school can help.
- Business Leadership Network (BLN)
- Career Guide for Students with Disabilities
- Center for Disability Inclusion
- Columbia Employment Consortium
- Elementary and Secondary Education’s Career Opportunities
- Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy
Preparing the Workplace for Everyone: Accounting for the Needs of People with Disabilities
- Disability:IN - Nonprofit Resource for Business Disability Inclusion
- Disability Nondiscrimination Law Advisor
The Disability Nondiscrimination Law Advisor is designed to help employers determine which federal disability nondiscrimination laws apply to their business or organization. The Advisor also helps recipients of federal financial assistance understand their responsibilities under these laws.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Offers technical assistance on the ADA provisions applying to employment; they also provide information on how to file an ADA complaint. 800-669-4000 (V) 800-669-6820 (TTY)
- Employer Assistance Resource Network
EARN is a resource for employers to encourage the hiring, retaining and advancing qualified individuals with disabilities which includes sharing of the “best” employer-focused disability practices and policies.
The purpose of this web site is to reverse the rate of unemployment for people with disabilities.
- Empower Missouri
People with Disabilities: An Untapped Business Resource. Offers on-line training modules.
Where people with disabilities gather, network, and discover career advancement with enlightened employers. Phone: (718) 499-6757
- Hire DS (Disability Solutions)
Hire Disability Solutions helps you build a stronger workforce as well as free video relay phones for people with hearing or speech impairments. Phone: (718) 499-6757
- Job Accommodation Network
The Job Accommodation Network has a new logo, a newly spruced-up website and a new URL. You can visit http://AskJAN.org to see JAN's new look.
Jobs.mo.gov is the premier source for all resources relating to employment in Missouri.
- Missouri Centers for Independent Living
- Missouri Services Navigator
- Network on Employment
APSE-MO is the Missouri State Chapter of APSE The Network on Employment, a national organization committed to improving and expanding integrated employment opportunities, services, and outcomes for people experiencing disabilities.
- Office of Disability Employment Policy
- Rural Disability Resource Library
A NEW online collection of resources specifically for rural people with disabilities, their families and service providers.
- Starkloff Disability Institute
Services offered: Employment resources
Disabilities served: Deaf/HOH, Health related, learning, neurological, orthopedic, respiratory, neuromuscular, visual impairment/blindness
- Vocatonal Rehabilitation (Division of )
Vocational Rehabilitation is dedicated to providing quality services to our consumers and to increasing their independence.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services
Family Support Division - Rehabilitation Services for the Blind