Housing is the cornerstone of the American independence. This tab presents resources on affordable and accessible housing options. It offers information on universal design features that can be incorporated in the design of homes to enhance "aging in the home."
- A Guide to Housing Benefits for Veterans
- A Place for Mom
A Place for Mom, Inc. is a FREE nationwide information service about eldercare options including nursing homes, assisted living facilities, adult family homes, independent living and home care agencies.
- Assisted Living Directory
- Buying a Home | Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Caring.com - Senior Care Reviews & Resources
- Concrete Change
The site dedicated to making all homes "visitable."
- Department of Mental Health Housing
- Disabled Renters' Housing Rights
- Fire Safety & Disabilities Guide
- Grants for Home Modification: 16 Resources for Homeowners with Disabilities
- Habitat for Humanity
- Home Access Program
- Home Remodeling for People with Disabilities: What You Need to Know
- Home Safety for People with Disabilities
- Homes For Our Troops
- Housing Grants for Disabled Veterans
- HUD Rental Assistance
This website was designed to provide more information regarding Missouri Rental Assistance.
- HUD Resource Locator
- Landlord and tenant laws
Can help you understand your rights for repairs, evictions, deposits, etc.
- MHDC - Affordable Housing Locator
A service to help you find quality affordable rental housing in the state of Missouri.
- Missouri's Guide to Home and Community Based Services
- Missouri Housing Guidance and Assistance
- Missouri Housing Trust Fund
- Missouri Inclusive Housing Development Corporation
This web site is designed to provide information about accessible and affordable housing in Missouri for those with disabilities.
- Missouri State Assistance For Housing Relief (SAFHR)
Financial Support for Missouri Renters impacted by COVID-19.
- Missouri Universal Design (UD)
- Mortgage and Home Loan Help Guide for the Disabled
- National Association of Home Builders
- Purple Heart Homes
- Rebuilding Together
Home to the most comprehensive set of senior living facilities and assisted living resources online.
- Shelters in Missouri
Can provide temporary housing while helping you find homes or apartments.
- Emphasys Housing Locator
- The Room-by-Room HomeFit Tour
- The Ultimate Guide to Home Accommodations for Persons with Disabilities
- Universal Design Ready (UDr) Guidelines
- Universal Design Resource
Universal Design Resource's mission: to advocate, educate and support the widespread awareness of universal design.
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO)
The Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO) administers and enforces federal laws and establishes policies that make sure all Americans have equal access to the housing of their choice.
- USDA Housing Assistance
- USDA Rural Development
- Weatherization Assistance Program