Virtual Leadership Summit
The 3rd Annual Virtual Leadership Summit (VLS) will be held March 4, 2023.
The Virtual Leadership Summit is a virtual one-day leadership training for high school students with disabilities (ages 16-21). It will be held on March 4, 2023 from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM.
The application deadline for the 2023 Virtual Leadership Summit has passed
Options for submitting completed application:
Please select ONE of the following options for submitting your completed application:
- Upload to: https://tinyurl.com/VLS2023
- Fax to: 573-526-4109
- Mail to:
Governor’s Council on Disability
Virtual Leadership Summit
PO Box 1668
Jefferson City, MO 65102
If you have any questions or need an alternative format of the application, contact our office at: email@example.com or 800-877-8249
What is the Virtual Leadership Summit?
The Virtual Leadership Summit (VLS) is a leadership training for high school students with disabilities, ages 16—21. It’s also a chance for students to get a glimpse of our five-day program, the annual Missouri Youth Leadership Forum, which is held at the University of Missouri campus in Columbia. The VLS is hosted by the Governor’s Council on Disability, Vocational Rehabilitation, MU Pre-Employment Transition Services, and Paraquad.
What are the goals of the Virtual Leadership Summit?
- Develop leadership skills to ensure that all youth with disabilities will realize their full potential
- Develop career strategies that increase the youth’s potential for employment
- Promote inclusion of people with disabilities in all aspects of society
Where and when is the Virtual Leadership Summit held?
The Virtual Leadership Summit will be held virtually in March 4, 2023 from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM.
What is the agenda for the Virtual Leadership Summit?
- Keynote presentations from engaging speakers representing the disability community
- Interactive discussion with a panel of employers sharing tips and tools for the job application process and employment
- Setting goals for life after high school
- Conversations with mentors and leaders from the disability community
- Learn about the benefits of the Missouri Youth Leadership Summit
What does it cost to attend the Virtual Leadership Summit?
There is no charge for attending the Virtual Leadership Summit. The program is funded through state agencies, sponsorships and donations.
What do I need to do to participate?
To participate, complete the application posted at the top of this page.
Parents/guardians or students (18 and older) are required to complete and sign a VR Pre-ETS Consent and Information Release before the student may participate in VLS. The family will be contacted by a VR counselor to complete this paperwork.
Participants will receive instructions by email on how to join the event.
What if I have additional questions about the Summit or need help with the application?
Please call 573-751-2600 or 1-800-877-8249 or email Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
Download or print program flyer and Q&A: