Virtual Leadership Summit
The Virtual Leadership Summit is an online leadership training for high school students with disabilities (ages 16-21) held virtually on February 26, 2022.
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED!!
To participate, complete and submit your application by January 31, 2022.
What is the Virtual Leadership Summit?
The Virtual Leadership Summit (VLS) is a leadership training for high school students with disabilities, ages 16—21. It’s also a chance for students to get a glimpse of our five-day program, the annual Missouri Youth Leadership Forum, which is held at the University of Missouri campus in Columbia. The VLS is hosted by the Governor’s Council on Disability, Vocational Rehabilitation, MU Pre-Employment Transition Services, and Paraquad.
What are the goals of the Virtual Leadership Summit?
- Develop leadership skills to ensure that all youth with disabilities will realize their full potential
- Develop career strategies that increase the youth’s potential for employment
- Promote inclusion of people with disabilities in all aspects of society
Where and when is the Virtual Leadership Summit held?
The spring Virtual Leadership Summit will be held virtually on Saturday, February 26, 2022.
What is the agenda for the Virtual Leadership Summits?
- Keynote presentations from engaging speakers representing the disability community
- Interactive discussion with a panel of employers sharing tips and tools for the job application process and employment
- Setting goals for life after high school
- Conversations with mentors and leaders from the disability community
- Learn about the benefits of the Missouri Youth Leadership Summit
What does it cost to attend the Virtual Leadership Summit?
The VLS is available to the student delegates at NO COST!
What do I need to do to participate?
To participate, complete the application posted at the top of this page.
Participants will receive instructions by email on how to join the event.
What if I have additional questions about the Summit or need help with the application?
Please call 573-751-2600 or 1-800-877-8249 or email Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
Download or print program flyer and Q&A: