Missouri Youth Leadership Delegates (Youth)
Attention all high school students with disabilities! Are you looking to enhance your leadership abilities and become a self-advocate?
Look no further than the Missouri Youth Leadership Forum! Apply now to become a part of this life-altering program. Join us for five days on a college campus where you'll build lifelong friendships and connections with other Missouri students who share your experiences. Through engaging activities, you'll develop your leadership and advocacy skills, explore career options, and discover community resources. Plus, you'll create a personal leadership poster to guide you towards your ideal future. Don't let this opportunity pass you by - take charge of your life and make a difference today!
AT MO-YLF YOU WILL:
- Improve your self-advocacy skills and learn how to advocate for yourself and others
- Have the opportunity to explore various career and post-secondary options
- Learn about available resources and assistive technology
- Create a personal leadership poster, which includes specific action steps to follow when you return home
- Develop a social network and friendships with your peers of different abilities
- Interact with professionals with disabilities who serve as mentors and role models
- Learn about the history of the disability movement and develop disability pride
- Visit the state Capitol, meet legislators, and take part in a mock legislative session
- Learn about the process of making laws and how to advocate for new law
- Gain the power to reach your goals in education, employment, and community leadership
- Have tons of fun and make lots of memories!
2024 Delegate (Youth) Application:
Application Deadline is March 31, 2024
If you have any questions or need an alternative format for the application, contact our office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-877-8249