Governor´s Council on Disability (GCD)
The Governor´s Council on Disability (GCD) promotes full participation and inclusion of the nearly 1 million Missourians with disabilities in all aspects of community life by educating citizens, businesses, schools, universities and others of their rights and responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
We conduct educational seminars and on-site training as well as publish a legislative newsletter, a resource directory (available online only), and informational brochures on topics relating to people with disabilities.
We provide information about compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and assistive technology to maximize the productivity of people with disabilities. The Council offers assistance to other state agencies for compliance with all laws regarding persons with disabilities. It maintains communication with disability advocates and service providers to disseminate information and receive feedback on problems affecting people with disabilities in order to recommend policy improvements. The Council aims to promote positive images and protect persons with disabilities through equal access to services and employment opportunities.
The Council publishes the Directory of Resources for Missourians with Disabilities which is only available online. The directory lists programs and services of state and local offices, private agencies and other organizations serving people with disabilities.
- Apply now for the 2018 Missouri Youth Leadership Forum
- GCD is now accepting nominations for Inclusion, Youth Leadership and Website/IT Awards
- United Way 2-1-1 resource website
- Missouri ABLE Accounts are now available
- Governor’s Council on Disability Names Annual Award Winners
- GCD publishes educational videos about Service Animals
- GCD publishes Position Papers
- Read the latest issue of the GCD Newsletter
- Visit ADA Hospitality for a guide on how to plan accessible meetings